4 Proven Tips for Gaining Traction With Handwritten Notes for HVAC Marketing [+Templates]
Handwritten notes are a time-honored tradition of the HVAC industry, but they’re also a highly-effective way to market your company in today’s society.
HVAC marketing ideas like this can be used for prospecting new leads, thanking current customers, and showing prospects that you care about their needs. We’ll provide some tips on how to get started with this type of marketing strategy as well as examples of handwritten notes in different situations.
Relationship Marketing in HVAC Services
To generate HVAC leads, encourage repeat purchases, and build customer loyalty, handwritten notes work wonders. They can be used for customer nurturing, follow-ups, and new development projects. A relationship marketing approach for HVAC uses handwritten notes to build and maintain customer relationships, rather than focusing on simple transactions, which can cost more to acquire.
- Basic: Direct sales are the basis of relationship marketing. It’s the responsibility of the salesperson to sell directly to the final customer. It’s basic relationship marketing if you use handwritten notes to sell. Sending a prospect a note could ultimately lead to an isolated sale.
- Reactive: The customer might be encouraged to leave feedback or comments after a sale. This is called reactive relationship marketing. In HVAC marketing, a handwritten note might be used to solicit a review on Yelp or Google.
- Accountable: Customers are encouraged to get in touch if they have any questions or concerns in accountable relationship marketing. If a customer recently purchased an HVAC unit, you may want to follow up with a note to see if any issues have arisen.
- Proactive: Customer feedback is used here to improve performance. Handwritten notes can be an effective way to collect feedback and you need to use this information to improve your performance in the future.
Partnership: Partnership marketing is all about collaboration. Maybe you send a handwritten note to local builders and contractors. They have an intimate relationship with upcoming builds in the area and may be looking for an HVAC service to partner with.
Types of Handwritten Notes
Among the most important HVAC marketing tools are handwritten notes because they demonstrate your dedication to each customer. It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting started or your business has been around for 50 years; you should always maintain personal contact.
Handwritten HVAC marketing notes come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they are not all the same.
- Printed notes that resemble human handwriting: If you typed up an electronic note, you may pick a font that resembles human handwriting. Among these fonts are Dancing Script, Sacramento, and Parisienne. If only because it’s cursive writing, these fonts look like they were handwritten. However, there are no variations whatsoever; therefore, it would be impossible for it to be written by hand since all the characters are identical.
- Printed signature on typed document: Here you have typed correspondence, but instead of printing a standard closing, the document is “signed” with a cursive font. It is quite common for companies to use digital images of signatures to pass them off as “signed,” however, this cannot pass the lick and smear test.
- Automated handwritten notes with real pens and standard font: A robot drives a pen to simulate the look of a handwritten note. The note appears to be 100% authentic because of natural variations and minor “errors.”
- Note written by robots with real pens and a specialized font: The best handwritten notes are those written with real pens using a specialized font specifically designed for you. Many fonts are designed based on the handwriting of someone you choose or your personal handwriting. With this, you can provide the same level of personalization as an actual handwritten note, but without the hassle.
To answer the question “Is it better to type or handwrite notes?” We recommend handwritten notes for HVAC marketing.
Why are Handwritten Notes so Effective?
Several factors contribute to the effectiveness of handwritten notes for HVAC companies. The success of this marketing blast from the past can be attributed to a few reasons.
- Open rates and engagement rates are higher for handwritten notes.
Up to 99% of handwritten notes are opened. They engage people because they look like they were handwritten, with the recipient’s address handwritten on the envelope, and stamped before being dropped in the mail. Handwritten cards have an almost nostalgic feel to them.
- Decision-makers receive handwritten envelopes.
Most business decision-makers are very busy people that often see the mail after it has been sorted through several times. Direct mail marketing pieces are often tossed into the trash with the junk mail when sorted.
Handwritten notes, however, are an exception. They put the message through as personal mail since they don’t know who sent it. In that way, handwritten notes often reach decision-makers, while spam emails and mass-printed flyers are discarded without ever being opened.
- There is a need for human interaction: mailboxes are empty.
There was a time when you detested all the junk mail that arrived in your mailbox. It used to be that you’d see local real estate or political flyers everywhere you looked; today, many mailboxes are empty.
People are left waiting for human contact. A handwritten note in your hand is the sort of thing you will always remember. A Gallup poll showed that 94 percent of people love getting mail, like postcards or letters.
More than 81 percent of millennials agree that handwritten notes are more valuable than text messages, according to the New York Post. When marketing your HVAC business, handwritten correspondence is the best way to connect with your target market.
- Handwritten notes are often saved.
When you consider this, handwritten notes are well worth the price. Plus they’re displayed openly. When you send a handwritten note as part of an HVAC marketing campaign, multiple people are likely to see it, spreading the campaign’s reach. Just consider that.
In the past, have you received any handwritten notes from friends and family members? Have you saved those handwritten notes? Possibly you received a note from someone and decided to leave it out in the open, just so others would be able to see it (or so you could read it every time you passed by). You can put this same point to use for your HVAC marketing campaign by including a handwritten note.
- Develop trust and value.
Additionally, handwritten notes can make you appear authentic and trustworthy in HVAC marketing. It is the feeling that someone was thinking about you when they wrote the note that makes handwritten notes extraordinary. They demonstrate that you’ve taken the time to get personal. The recipient will know you value them, and the relationship can grow from there, allowing you to look forward to future interactions.
A handwritten note for an HVAC company is one of the most important things a business can do today for many reasons. A high-quality notes service is necessary if you want to develop an effective marketing campaign. Creating strong, personal connections with your customers can help you stand out from the competition.
Choosing the Right Handwritten Notes Service for Success
If your HVAC marketing needs handwritten notes, you must find the right service. You should consider several factors before choosing one.
- The basics are the best place to start. Has the company delivered projects on time in the past? Is their equipment up to par? What customization options do they offer? How is their communication with you regarding your project?
In marketing HVAC systems, reliability is a major concern.
- Exceptionally high-quality materials. Check that the materials used are of the highest quality. The feeling of receiving a thick card and a hand-addressed envelope is incredibly luxurious.
It sends the message that the note is not authentic if it’s thin or flimsy, or if the envelope is printed. The price of handwritten notes should include quality materials.
- There are several size options. Check out the different sizes that are available for handwritten notes. Occasionally, you may wish to send a small card and sometimes a large one. Flexible sizes are vital.
- There are several options for handwriting. Are there any font choices available? If so, how many? In order to meet your specific needs, you want to be able to customize the handwriting to suit your preferences – even if that means creating a custom font from your handwriting.
If you’re going to send a bunch of notes, you should be able to have notes written in different handwriting styles with the service.
- Customization. Is it possible to customize the note? Are there any drawing or doodle options? Maybe you can add a QR code that goes to a personalized landing page? The more personal you make it, the better.
- Do they use a Forever stamp? Are Forever stamps used by the service? Forever stamps are more effective than printed postage because they demonstrate that the stamp was attached by a real person.
- What’s the turnaround time? What is the turnaround time for the service? Your customers will appreciate it more if you provide the notes as fast as possible – but don’t sacrifice quality for speed.
- Options to scale. Do you have the capability of scaling up or scaling back your services as needed? Your handwritten notes might need to increase in volume as your business grows.
From time to time, you may need to scale back your activities as seasons change. If you are thinking about starting your own franchise or expanding your business, you need a service that can accommodate your changing needs.
- They shouldn’t charge hidden fees. When it comes to handwritten notes, you want a transparent service. It would be a shame to be stung by hidden fees like postage, handling, or processing. Hidden fees can make budgeting difficult.
- Expand into premium services. Would you like to upgrade to premium services? Which premium services are available? Take the time to understand your options.
- Do they have a free app? Can you use a free mobile app? The process may be easier this way. So, even when you are on the go, you will be able to order notes.
- Collateral can be included. With handwritten notes, you can add a special touch with gift cards, coupons, gift certificates, candles, and more.
- Your own personal account manager. Will you be guided through the process by your own personal account manager? By comparing size options, font types, colors, and materials used to mail your notes, a personal account manager can help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Those with training will be able to provide you with a strong handwritten marketing campaign for your company.
Tips for Getting the Best Traction with Handwritten Marketing
Handwritten marketing has many advantages; however, if you want to obtain the most from your handwritten notes, you should keep a few things in mind.
- Although you’d like to turn each note you write into a customer, not every note should aim for a sale. Remember business conversion cycles vary. As a result, you need patience. It’s important that you build relationships through your notes.
The recipient may eventually become a customer, but you shouldn’t expect this with your first note. Take the time to understand the customer’s needs. Remember you don’t want to rush a sale, says Hubspot, spend time getting to know them.
- As research shows, people enjoy receiving handwritten notes. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that they want to have a conversation with you.
It may be more convenient for them to text you instead. Provide your contact information to the recipients while letting them know you are available by text as well as talk. In this way, you’re more likely to get responses.
- There are some people who will indeed want to give you a call; however, not everyone will want to do so right away. Many people will want to know more about you before making that call. Make sure you respond promptly if they text. Ensure they know you care about their needs.
- Dynamic QR codes should always be included. QR codes allow the receiver to quickly open a website with the help of their phone camera. There’s no need to worry about the URL being hard to read or the reader typing it in incorrectly.
QR codes with dynamic content are more effective. Dynamic QR codes can have their destination edited, which helps extend the life of the code. QR codes that are static are a one-off solution that may lead to a 404 or a page not found on your site at some point. Using QR codes, customers can make an appointment, view upcoming service dates, search for products and services, and much more.
Segmenting your target market into specific niches can also help you narrow your focus. Afterward, you can incorporate a QR code tailored to each audience. If you offer ECO systems and you send handwritten notes to leads looking for Earth-friendly HVAC units, you might want to include one QR code. Another segment that may be interested in larger units to heat and cool warehouses might require a different QR code.
HVAC Service Triggers for Handwritten Notes (Samples)
- Attract leads and build relationships (HVAC advertising)
Hi [potential customer],
Hope you’re having an amazing [season]! If you’re in the market for a new HVAC system, we’d love to help! Our team of experts is trained to help you find the perfect system for your home or office. We offer a wide range of services, and our team is always available to help you find the best solution for your needs.
Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation! We look forward to helping you stay cool (and warm) all year long.
[signature & contact information]
Hey [first name],
I hope this note finds you well. I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I’m [sender name] and I’m with an HVAC company out of [area]. We’re always looking for people who need our services.
I saw that you work in the construction industry, so I thought I’d reach out and see if you might be interested in meeting sometime. We offer a variety of services, from installation to repairs, and we’re always looking for new clients.
If you’re interested in learning more, please don’t hesitate to call or text me. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.
[signature & contact information]
- Thank you notes
Hi [first name],
Thank you so much for being an amazing customer! We truly appreciate your business, and we’re dedicated to giving you exceptional service.
If you ever have any questions or concerns about HVAC systems, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re always here to help!
Thanks again for choosing our company, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
[signature & contact information]
Get the Most out of Handwritten Marketing for HVAC Companies
Your HVAC company will benefit from handwritten notes. They can be used to build relationships, attract leads, and thank customers for choosing your business.
Handwritten marketing is a great way of showing that you care about the customer beyond the sale. The more personalized contact is with prospects or existing clients, the better they feel about your brand! Here we’ve provided examples of how you can use handwritten notes in different situations as well as some tips on what makes them even more effective.
If you’re looking for ideas on how to get started using a handwritten HVAC marketing strategy, let us know – our team is here to help! We would love to partner with you on a campaign tailored specifically for your industry so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.